- Raw Rice - 1 cup
- Moong dal- 1/4 cup
- Black pepper - 1/3 tbsp(crushed)
- Cumin seed - 1 tbsp (crushed).
- Salt - to taste.
- Ghee 4 tbsp.
- Ginger chopped 1/2 inch.
- Curry leaves.
- Boil 5-6 cup of water in a pot. add the dal and cook until its done.
- Now add the rice cook until it becomes nice paste consistency.
- Heat Ghee l in a pan, add black pepper, Cumin seed,curry leaves,schopped ginger and cook until the cumin seed start to splatter.
- Now add this to the pongal, and mix well .
- Serve Hot with Coconut chutney and sambar.